Getting to the McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT
The entrance to our building is on Main Street, between Albany and Vassar Streets. If you are coming to participate in our research, we will meet you in the lobby just as you walk in. Please feel free to wait on the couch if you are early, or send us an email to let us know that you have arrived.
From the Red Line T station at Kendall Square, walk two blocks west on Main Street (away from the river). You will cross Ames and Vassar Street, and see the entrance to McGovern on your left after the train tracks. Please visit the MBTA site for subway schedules and maps.
We reserve parking spots for visitors and volunteers; please let us know if you will be driving. These spots are found at the rear of our building, accessible from Vassar Street. Please see "Directions to Parking Spots" below. One can also often find metered parking on Main Street, Vassar, and Albany.
A number of busses stop at Kendall Square. Please see the MBTA site for their routes and schedules, and follow the walking directions listed under "By Subway" (above) to get from Kendall Square to our laboratory.
Directions to Parking Spots
We have two parking spaces located at the rear of MIT building #44. Please let us know if you require a parking spot so that we can reserve one. Directions to the parking spots follow:
1) Traveling on Massachusetts Avenue from Boston into Cambridge, turn RIGHT onto Vassar Street.
2) Turn LEFT into the driveway just before Building 46 at the small sign that reads "building 46 deliveries".
3) Turn left when you hit the fence beside the train tracks.
4) The parking spots are the last two on the LEFT, at the rear of building 44, past the metal butterflies, labeled "Martinos Imaging Center". You may park in either space.
5) A map showing buildings 44 and 46 can be found here.
Map of our laboratory
McGovern Institute for Brain Research